Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Struggle 4 Success

Today I had 1 of those days when all I wanna do is pour me a few glasses of Crown & Ginger (or better yet have a few Saturn Cocktails ... oh wait, or some French Martinis), light a few candles, play some Prince records and sing my little ass off. I wish I had a friend that could relate, I could invite over and we could just chill like that. Unfortunately, I don't. My bf doesn't think much of Prince or drinking 4 that matter, and it's no fun 2 wallow by oneself. Anyhoo, it's not really wallowing if it makes U feel better, right? See, that's just why I luv music the way I do.

The Business: I don't know what's going on but it seems like I have the biggest Diamond in the world and I can't even give it away, know what I mean? People cancel their commitments with me all the time, don't want to hear what I have 2 say, run from me, don't return my calls, it's like they'd rather stay in their little rut than learn about a way 2 live the kind of life they truly wanna live. I just wanna SHAKE em' like a holy roller sometimes! Meanwhile everyone else in the group I'm working with is seeing success which is WONDERFUL because I share and prosper in their success, too. But still, I'm left scratching my head sayin' "what the hell am I doing wrong here?" I felt a little rejected and dejected ... but then I got over it, cuz it's not me. It's certainly not the business. It IS the greatest opportunity I've ever seen, the greatest opportunity out there PERIOD, and I have 100 % belief that I WILL be extremely successful with it. It's the people I'm talking to. It's just like my previous post, I've got 2 surround myself with forward thinking, ambitious people. That's my problem. I'm like the producers of Crash ... they had this highly successful and profitable Oscar winning movie (we won't even get into that because Brokeback should have won, no doubt), but they had to hear NO and PASS how many times before Lions Gate gave em a shot? The same is true 4 anything really. Movies, ideas, music ... getting through all the unfounded no's, crashing through people's misconceptions and getting them 2 see the fucking DIAMOND that's staring them in the face. Which leads me to part 2 of this rant.

The Music - my music is also a diamond. Right now it's in a cave and I'm trying 2 mine it out, but damnit I need some help! Another book I was reading said surround yourself with mentors and have a dream team. So, I'm gonna work on that ... I've already started in fact. Positive things R happening. I still don't think I'm in the right place ... place meaning Baltimore. Where should I go, what should I do? oh expert lover let me look in2 your Crystal Ball (<-- Prince reference 4 the uninitiated). I really feel like 2 be working at my full potential I should be firing all cylinders at once, I should be acting, writing (novels and screenplays like I used to) and doing my music. BUT there are just not enough hours in the day right now. Speaking of which ...

I only have 141 days left. Still scared shitless and not a clue what I'm gonna do 4 money yet.

"Somebody pray 4 me!" - Destiny's Child, Through with Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home